52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off ]
- A roll of the birth of Jesus Christ, son of David, son of Abraham.
- Abraham begat Isaac, and Isaac begat Jacob, and Jacob begat Judah and his brethren,
- and Judah begat Pharez and Zarah of Tamar, and Pharez begat Hezron, and Hezron begat Ram,
- and Ram begat Amminadab, and Amminadab begat Nahshon, and Nahshon begat Salmon,
- and Salmon begat Boaz of Rahab, and Boaz begat Obed of Ruth, and Obed begat Jesse,
- and Jesse begat David the king. And David the king begat Solomon, of her [who had been] Uriah's,
- and Solomon begat Rehoboam, and Rehoboam begat Abijah, and Abijah begat Asa,
- and Asa begat Jehoshaphat, and Jehoshaphat begat Joram, and Joram begat Uzziah,
- and Uzziah begat Jotham, and Jotham begat Ahaz, and Ahaz begat Hezekiah,
- and Hezekiah begat Manasseh, and Manasseh begat Amon, and Amon begat Josiah,
- and Josiah begat Jeconiah and his brethren, at the Babylonian removal.
- And after the Babylonian removal, Jeconiah begat Shealtiel, and Shealtiel begat Zerubbabel,
- and Zerubbabel begat Abiud, and Abiud begat Eliakim, and Eliakim begat Azor,
- and Azor begat Sadok, and Sadok begat Achim, and Achim begat Eliud,
- and Eliud begat Eleazar, and Eleazar begat Matthan, and Matthan begat Jacob,
- and Jacob begat Joseph, the husband of Mary, of whom was begotten Jesus, who is named Christ.
- All the generations, therefore, from Abraham unto David [are] fourteen generations, and from David unto the Babylonian removal fourteen generations, and from the Babylonian removal unto the Christ, fourteen generations.
- And of Jesus Christ, the birth was thus: For his mother Mary having been betrothed to Joseph, before their coming together she was found to have conceived from the Holy Spirit,
- and Joseph her husband being righteous, and not willing to make her an example, did wish privately to send her away.
- And on his thinking of these things, lo, a messenger of the Lord in a dream appeared to him, saying, `Joseph, son of David, thou mayest not fear to receive Mary thy wife, for that which in her was begotten [is] of the Holy Spirit,
- and she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus, for he shall save his people from their sins.'
- And all this hath come to pass, that it may be fulfilled that was spoken by the Lord through the prophet, saying,
- `Lo, the virgin shall conceive, and she shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel,' which is, being interpreted `With us [he is] God.'
- And Joseph, having risen from the sleep, did as the messenger of the Lord directed him, and received his wife,
- and did not know her till she brought forth her son -- the first-born, and he called his name Jesus.
Can't connect to www.christianmags.us:80 (Connection timed out)
Connection timed out at /usr/local/share/perl5/LWP/Protocol/http.pm line 50, line 364.
- And Jesus having been born in Beth-Lehem of Judea, in the days of Herod the king, lo, mages from the east came to Jerusalem,
- saying, `Where is he who was born king of the Jews? for we saw his star in the east, and we came to bow to him.'
- And Herod the king having heard, was stirred, and all Jerusalem with him,
- and having gathered all the chief priests and scribes of the people, he was inquiring from them where the Christ is born.
- And they said to him, `In Beth-Lehem of Judea, for thus it hath been written through the prophet,
- And thou, Beth-Lehem, the land of Judah, thou art by no means the least among the leaders of Judah, for out of thee shall come one leading, who shall feed My people Israel.'
- Then Herod, privately having called the mages, did inquire exactly from them the time of the appearing star,
- and having sent them to Beth-Lehem, he said, `Having gone -- inquire ye exactly for the child, and whenever ye may have found, bring me back word, that I also having come may bow to him.'
- And they, having heard the king, departed, and lo, the star, that they did see in the east, did go before them, till, having come, it stood over where the child was.
- And having seen the star, they rejoiced with exceeding great joy,
- and having come to the house, they found the child with Mary his mother, and having fallen down they bowed to him, and having opened their treasures, they presented to him gifts, gold, and frankincense, and myrrh,
- and having been divinely warned in a dream not to turn back unto Herod, through another way they withdrew to their own region.
- And on their having withdrawn, lo, a messenger of the Lord doth appear in a dream to Joseph, saying, `Having risen, take the child and his mother, and flee to Egypt, and be thou there till I may speak to thee, for Herod is about to seek the child to destroy him.'
- And he, having risen, took the child and his mother by night, and withdrew to Egypt,
- and he was there till the death of Herod, that it might be fulfilled that was spoken by the Lord through the prophet, saying, `Out of Egypt I did call My Son.'
- Then Herod, having seen that he was deceived by the mages, was very wroth, and having sent forth, he slew all the male children in Beth-Lehem, and in all its borders, from two years and under, according to the time that he inquired exactly from the mages.
- Then was fulfilled that which was spoken by Jeremiah the prophet, saying,
- `A voice in Ramah was heard -- lamentation and weeping and much mourning -- Rachel weeping [for] her children, and she would not be comforted because they are not.'
- And Herod having died, lo, a messenger of the Lord in a dream doth appear to Joseph in Egypt,
- saying, `Having risen, take the child and his mother, and be going to the land of Israel, for they have died -- those seeking the life of the child.'
- And he, having risen, took the child and his mother, and came to the land of Israel,
- and having heard that Archelaus doth reign over Judea instead of Herod his father, he was afraid to go thither, and having been divinely warned in a dream, he withdrew to the parts of Galilee,
- and coming, he dwelt in a city named Nazareth, that it might be fulfilled that was spoken through the prophets, that `A Nazarene he shall be called.'
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.