|52 Week Bible Reading Plan|
|Don't like to read? Get the Bible on CD, Cassette, MP3, DVD, or VHS!|
52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off ]
- When thou sittest to eat with a ruler, Thou considerest diligently that which [is] before thee,
- And thou hast put a knife to thy throat, If thou [art] a man of appetite.
- Have no desire to his dainties, seeing it [is] lying food.
- Labour not to make wealth, From thine own understanding cease, Dost thou cause thine eyes to fly upon it? Then it is not.
- For wealth maketh to itself wings, As an eagle it flieth to the heavens.
- Eat not the bread of an evil eye, And have no desire to his dainties,
- For as he hath thought in his soul, so [is] he, `Eat and drink,' saith he to thee, And his heart [is] not with thee.
- Thy morsel thou hast eaten thou dost vomit up, And hast marred thy words that [are] sweet.
- In the ears of a fool speak not, For he treadeth on the wisdom of thy words.
- Remove not a border of olden times, And into fields of the fatherless enter not,
- For their Redeemer [is] strong, He doth plead their cause with thee.
- Bring in to instruction thy heart, And thine ear to sayings of knowledge.
- Withhold not from a youth chastisement, When thou smitest him with a rod he dieth not.
- Thou with a rod smitest him, And his soul from Sheol thou deliverest.
- My son, if thy heart hath been wise, My heart rejoiceth, even mine,
- And my reins exult when thy lips speak uprightly.
- Let not thy heart be envious at sinners, But -- in the fear of Jehovah all the day.
- For, is there a posterity? Then thy hope is not cut off.
- Hear thou, my son, and be wise, And make happy in the way thy heart,
- Be not thou among quaffers of wine, Among gluttonous ones of flesh,
- For the quaffer and glutton become poor, And drowsiness clotheth with rags.
- Hearken to thy father, who begat thee, And despise not thy mother when she hath become old.
- Truth buy, and sell not, Wisdom, and instruction, and understanding,
- The father of the righteous rejoiceth greatly, The begetter of the wise rejoiceth in him.
- Rejoice doth thy father and thy mother, Yea, she that bare thee is joyful.
- Give, my son, thy heart to me, And let thine eyes watch my ways.
- For a harlot [is] a deep ditch, And a strange woman [is] a strait pit.
- She also, as catching prey, lieth in wait, And the treacherous among men she increaseth.
- Who hath wo? who hath sorrow? Who hath contentions? who hath plaint? Who hath wounds without cause? Who hath redness of eyes?
- Those tarrying by the wine, Those going in to search out mixed wine.
- See not wine when it showeth itself red, When it giveth in the cup its colour, It goeth up and down through the upright.
- Its latter end -- as a serpent it biteth, And as a basilisk it stingeth.
- Thine eyes see strange women, And thy heart speaketh perverse things.
- And thou hast been as one lying down in the heart of the sea, And as one lying down on the top of a mast.
- `They smote me, I have not been sick, They beat me, I have not known. When I awake -- I seek it yet again!'
- Be not envious of evil men, And desire not to be with them.
- For destruction doth their heart meditate, And perverseness do their lips speak.
- By wisdom is a house builded, And by understanding it establisheth itself.
- And by knowledge the inner parts are filled, [With] all precious and pleasant wealth.
- Mighty [is] the wise in strength, And a man of knowledge is strengthening power,
- For by plans thou makest for thyself war, And deliverance [is] in a multitude of counsellors.
- Wisdom [is] high for a fool, In the gate he openeth not his mouth.
- Whoso is devising to do evil, Him they call a master of wicked thoughts.
- The thought of folly [is] sin, And an abomination to man [is] a scorner.
- Thou hast shewed thyself weak in a day of adversity, Straitened is thy power,
- If [from] delivering those taken to death, And those slipping to the slaughter -- thou keepest back.
- When thou sayest, `Lo, we knew not this.' Is not the Ponderer of hearts He who understandeth? And the Keeper of thy soul He who knoweth? And He hath rendered to man according to his work.
- Eat my son, honey that [is] good, And the honeycomb -- sweet to thy palate.
- So [is] the knowledge of wisdom to thy soul, If thou hast found that there is a posterity And thy hope is not cut off.
- Lay not wait, O wicked one, At the habitation of the righteous. Do not spoil his resting-place.
- For seven [times] doth the righteous fall and rise, And the wicked stumble in evil.
- In the falling of thine enemy rejoice not, And in his stumbling let not thy heart be joyful,
- Lest Jehovah see, and [it be] evil in His eyes, And He hath turned from off him His anger.
- Fret not thyself at evil doers, Be not envious at the wicked,
- For there is not a posterity to the evil, The lamp of the wicked is extinguished.
- Fear Jehovah, my son, and the king, With changers mix not up thyself,
- For suddenly doth their calamity rise, And the ruin of them both -- who knoweth!
- These also are for the wise: -- To discern faces in judgment is not good.
- Whoso is saying to the wicked, `Thou [art] righteous,' Peoples execrate him -- nations abhor him.
- And to those reproving it is pleasant, And on them cometh a good blessing.
- Lips he kisseth who is returning straightforward words.
- Prepare in an out-place thy work, And make it ready in the field -- go afterwards, Then thou hast built thy house.
- Be not a witness for nought against thy neighbour, Or thou hast enticed with thy lips.
- Say not, `As he did to me, so I do to him, I render to each according to his work.'
- Near the field of a slothful man I passed by, And near the vineyard of a man lacking heart.
- And lo, it hath gone up -- all of it -- thorns! Covered its face have nettles, And its stone wall hath been broken down.
- And I see -- I -- I do set my heart, I have seen -- I have received instruction,
- A little sleep -- a little slumber -- A little folding of the hands to lie down.
- And thy poverty hath come [as] a traveller, And thy want as an armed man!
You don't have permission to access /sampleinc.inc
on this server.