52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
- Is there not a warfare to man on earth? And as the days of an hireling his days?
- As a servant desireth the shadow, And as a hireling expecteth his wage,
- So I have been caused to inherit months of vanity, And nights of misery they numbered to me.
- If I lay down then I said, `When do I rise!' And evening hath been measured, And I have been full of tossings till dawn.
- Clothed hath been my flesh [with] worms, And a clod of dust, My skin hath been shrivelled and is loathsome,
- My days swifter than a weaving machine, And they are consumed without hope.
- Remember Thou that my life [is] a breath, Mine eye turneth not back to see good.
- The eye of my beholder beholdeth me not. Thine eyes [are] upon me -- and I am not.
- Consumed hath been a cloud, and it goeth, So he who is going down to Sheol cometh not up.
- He turneth not again to his house, Nor doth his place discern him again.
- Also I -- I withhold not my mouth -- I speak in the distress of my spirit, I talk in the bitterness of my soul.
- A sea-[monster] am I, or a dragon, That thou settest over me a guard?
- When I said, `My bed doth comfort me,' He taketh away in my talking my couch.
- And thou hast affrighted me with dreams, And from visions thou terrifiest me,
- And my soul chooseth strangling, Death rather than my bones.
- I have wasted away -- not to the age do I live. Cease from me, for my days [are] vanity.
- What [is] man that Thou dost magnify him? And that Thou settest unto him Thy heart?
- And inspectest him in the mornings, In the evenings dost try him?
- How long dost Thou not look from me? Thou dost not desist till I swallow my spittle.
- I have sinned, what do I to Thee, O watcher of man? Why hast Thou set me for a mark to Thee, And I am for a burden to myself -- and what?
- Thou dost not take away my transgression, And cause to pass away mine iniquity, Because now, for dust I lie down: And Thou hast sought me -- and I am not!
Can't connect to www.christianmags.us:80 (Connection timed out)
Connection timed out at /usr/local/share/perl5/LWP/Protocol/http.pm line 50, line 364.
- And Bildad the Shuhite answereth and saith: --
- Till when dost thou speak these things? And a strong wind -- sayings of thy mouth?
- Doth God pervert judgment? And doth the Mighty One pervert justice?
- If thy sons have sinned before Him, And He doth send them away, By the hand of their transgression,
- If thou dost seek early unto God, And unto the Mighty makest supplication,
- If pure and upright thou [art], Surely now He waketh for thee, And hath completed The habitation of thy righteousness.
- And thy beginning hath been small, And thy latter end is very great.
- For, ask I pray thee of a former generation, And prepare to a search of their fathers,
- (For of yesterday we [are], and we know not, For a shadow [are] our days on earth.)
- Do they not shew thee -- speak to thee, And from their heart bring forth words?
- `Doth a rush wise without mire? A reed increase without water?
- While it [is] in its budding -- uncropt, Even before any herb it withereth.
- So [are] the paths of all forgetting God, And the hope of the profane doth perish,
- Whose confidence is loathsome, And the house of a spider his trust.
- He leaneth on his house -- and it standeth not: He taketh hold on it -- and it abideth not.
- Green he [is] before the sun, And over his garden his branch goeth out.
- By a heap his roots are wrapped, A house of stones he looketh for.
- If [one] doth destroy him from his place, Then it hath feigned concerning him, I have not seen thee!
- Lo, this [is] the joy of his way, And from the dust others spring up.'
- Lo, God doth not reject the perfect, Nor taketh hold on the hand of evil doers.
- While he filleth with laughter thy mouth, And thy lips with shouting,
- Those hating thee do put on shame, And the tent of the wicked is not!
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.