|52 Week Bible Reading Plan|
|Want to read through the Bible in a year? This plan can help you!|
52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off ]
- And I say, so long time as the heir is a babe, he differeth nothing from a servant -- being lord of all,
- but is under tutors and stewards till the time appointed of the father,
- so also we, when we were babes, under the elements of the world were in servitude,
- and when the fulness of time did come, God sent forth His Son, come of a woman, come under law,
- that those under law he may redeem, that the adoption of sons we may receive;
- and because ye are sons, God did send forth the spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying, `Abba, Father!'
- so that thou art no more a servant, but a son, and if a son, also an heir of God through Christ.
- But then, indeed, not having known God, ye were in servitude to those not by nature gods,
- and now, having known God -- and rather being known by God -- how turn ye again unto the weak and poor elements to which anew ye desire to be in servitude?
- days ye observe, and months, and times, and years!
- I am afraid of you, lest in vain I did labour toward you.
- Become as I [am] -- because I also [am] as ye brethren, I beseech you; to me ye did no hurt,
- and ye have known that through infirmity of the flesh I did proclaim good news to you at the first,
- and my trial that [is] in my flesh ye did not despise nor reject, but as a messenger of God ye did receive me -- as Christ Jesus;
- what then was your happiness? for I testify to you, that if possible, your eyes having plucked out, ye would have given to me;
- so that your enemy have I become, being true to you?
- they are zealous for you -- [yet] not well, but they wish to shut us out, that for them ye may be zealous;
- and [it is] good to be zealously regarded, in what is good, at all times, and not only in my being present with you;
- my little children, of whom again I travail in birth, till Christ may be formed in you,
- and I was wishing to be present with you now, and to change my voice, because I am in doubt about you.
- Tell me, ye who are willing to be under law, the law do ye not hear?
- for it hath been written, that Abraham had two sons, one by the maid-servant, and one by the free-woman,
- but he who [is] of the maid-servant, according to flesh hath been, and he who [is] of the free-woman, through the promise;
- which things are allegorized, for these are the two covenants: one, indeed, from mount Sinai, to servitude bringing forth, which is Hagar;
- for this Hagar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and doth correspond to the Jerusalem that now [is], and is in servitude with her children,
- and the Jerusalem above is the free-woman, which is mother of us all,
- for it hath been written, `Rejoice, O barren, who art not bearing; break forth and cry, thou who art not travailing, because many [are] the children of the desolate -- more than of her having the husband.'
- And we, brethren, as Isaac, are children of promise,
- but as then he who was born according to the flesh did persecute him according to the spirit, so also now;
- but what saith the Writing? `Cast forth the maid-servant and her son, for the son of the maid-servant may not be heir with the son of the free-woman;'
- then, brethren, we are not a maid-servant's children, but the free-woman's.
- In the freedom, then, with which Christ did make you free -- stand ye, and be not held fast again by a yoke of servitude;
- lo, I Paul do say to you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing;
- and I testify again to every man circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law;
- ye were freed from the Christ, ye who in law are declared righteous; from the grace ye fell away;
- for we by the Spirit, by faith, a hope of righteousness do wait for,
- for in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth anything, nor uncircumcision, but faith through love working.
- Ye were running well; who did hinder you -- not to obey the truth?
- the obedience [is] not of him who is calling you!
- a little leaven the whole lump doth leaven;
- I have confidence in regard to you in the Lord, that ye will be none otherwise minded; and he who is troubling you shall bear the judgment, whoever he may be.
- And I, brethren, if uncircumcision I yet preach, why yet am I persecuted? then hath the stumbling-block of the cross been done away;
- O that even they would cut themselves off who are unsettling you!
- For ye -- to freedom ye were called, brethren, only not the freedom for an occasion to the flesh, but through the love serve ye one another,
- for all the law in one word is fulfilled -- in this: `Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself;'
- and if one another ye do bite and devour, see -- that ye may not by one another be consumed.
- And I say: In the Spirit walk ye, and the desire of the flesh ye may not complete;
- for the flesh doth desire contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit contrary to the flesh, and these are opposed one to another, that the things that ye may will -- these ye may not do;
- and if by the Spirit ye are led, ye are not under law.
- And manifest also are the works of the flesh, which are: Adultery, whoredom, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
- idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, strifes, emulations, wraths, rivalries, dissensions, sects,
- envyings, murders, drunkennesses, revellings, and such like, of which I tell you before, as I also said before, that those doing such things the reign of God shall not inherit.
- And the fruit of the Spirit is: Love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faith,
- meekness, temperance: against such there is no law;
- and those who are Christ's, the flesh did crucify with the affections, and the desires;
- if we may live in the Spirit, in the Spirit also we may walk;
- let us not become vain-glorious -- one another provoking, one another envying!
Can't connect to www.christianmags.us:80 (Connection timed out)
Connection timed out at /usr/local/share/perl5/LWP/Protocol/http.pm line 50, line 364.
- Brethren, if a man also may be overtaken in any trespass, ye who [are] spiritual restore such a one in a spirit of meekness, considering thyself -- lest thou also may be tempted;
- of one another the burdens bear ye, and so fill up the law of the Christ,
- for if any one doth think [himself] to be something -- being nothing -- himself he doth deceive;
- and his own work let each one prove, and then in regard to himself alone the glorying he shall have, and not in regard to the other,
- for each one his own burden shall bear.
- And let him who is instructed in the word share with him who is instructing -- in all good things.
- Be not led astray; God is not mocked; for what a man may sow -- that also he shall reap,
- because he who is sowing to his own flesh, of the flesh shall reap corruption; and he who is sowing to the Spirit, of the Spirit shall reap life age-during;
- and in the doing good we may not be faint-hearted, for at the proper time we shall reap -- not desponding;
- therefore, then, as we have opportunity, may we work the good to all, and especially unto those of the household of the faith.
- Ye see in how large letters I have written to you with my own hand;
- as many as are willing to make a good appearance in the flesh, these constrain you to be circumcised -- only that for the cross of the Christ they may not be persecuted,
- for neither do those circumcised themselves keep the law, but they wish you to be circumcised, that in your flesh they may glory.
- And for me, let it not be -- to glory, except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which to me the world hath been crucified, and I to the world;
- for in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth anything, nor uncircumcision, but a new creation;
- and as many as by this rule do walk -- peace upon them, and kindness, and on the Israel of God!
- Henceforth, let no one give me trouble, for I the scars of the Lord Jesus in my body do bear.
- The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ [is] with your spirit, brethren! Amen.
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.