52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
- Guard your steps when you go to the house of God; to draw near to listen is better than to offer the sacrifice of fools; for they do not know that they are doing evil.
- Be not rash with your mouth, nor let your heart be hasty to utter a word before God, for God is in heaven, and you upon earth; therefore let your words be few.
- For a dream comes with much business, and a fool's voice with many words.
- When you vow a vow to God, do not delay paying it; for he has no pleasure in fools. Pay what you vow.
- It is better that you should not vow than that you should vow and not pay.
- Let not your mouth lead you into sin, and do not say before the messenger that it was a mistake; why should God be angry at your voice, and destroy the work of your hands?
- For when dreams increase, empty words grow many: but do you fear God.
- If you see in a province the poor oppressed and justice and right violently taken away, do not be amazed at the matter; for the high official is watched by a higher, and there are yet higher ones over them.
- But in all, a king is an advantage to a land with cultivated fields.
- He who loves money will not be satisfied with money; nor he who loves wealth, with gain: this also is vanity.
- When goods increase, they increase who eat them; and what gain has their owner but to see them with his eyes?
- Sweet is the sleep of a laborer, whether he eats little or much; but the surfeit of the rich will not let him sleep.
- There is a grievous evil which I have seen under the sun: riches were kept by their owner to his hurt,
- and those riches were lost in a bad venture; and he is father of a son, but he has nothing in his hand.
- As he came from his mother's womb he shall go again, naked as he came, and shall take nothing for his toil, which he may carry away in his hand.
- This also is a grievous evil: just as he came, so shall he go; and what gain has he that he toiled for the wind,
- and spent all his days in darkness and grief, in much vexation and sickness and resentment?
- Behold, what I have seen to be good and to be fitting is to eat and drink and find enjoyment in all the toil with which one toils under the sun the few days of his life which God has given him, for this is his lot.
- Every man also to whom God has given wealth and possessions and power to enjoy them, and to accept his lot and find enjoyment in his toil--this is the gift of God.
- For he will not much remember the days of his life because God keeps him occupied with joy in his heart.
- There is an evil which I have seen under the sun, and it lies heavy upon men:
- a man to whom God gives wealth, possessions, and honor, so that he lacks nothing of all that he desires, yet God does not give him power to enjoy them, but a stranger enjoys them; this is vanity; it is a sore affliction.
- If a man begets a hundred children, and lives many years, so that the days of his years are many, but he does not enjoy life's good things, and also has no burial, I say that an untimely birth is better off than he.
- For it comes into vanity and goes into darkness, and in darkness its name is covered;
- moreover it has not seen the sun or known anything; yet it finds rest rather than he.
- Even though he should live a thousand years twice told, yet enjoy no good--do not all go to the one place?
- All the toil of man is for his mouth, yet his appetite is not satisfied.
- For what advantage has the wise man over the fool? And what does the poor man have who knows how to conduct himself before the living?
- Better is the sight of the eyes than the wandering of desire; this also is vanity and a striving after wind.
- Whatever has come to be has already been named, and it is known what man is, and that he is not able to dispute with one stronger than he.
- The more words, the more vanity, and what is man the better?
- For who knows what is good for man while he lives the few days of his vain life, which he passes like a shadow? For who can tell man what will be after him under the sun?
You don't have permission to access /sampleinc.inc
on this server.