|52 Week Bible Reading Plan|
|ChristianMags.us tracks the lowest price on dozens of Christian magazines!|
52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
- What causes wars, and what causes fightings among you? Is it not your passions that are at war in your members?
- You desire and do not have; so you kill. And you covet and cannot obtain; so you fight and wage war. You do not have, because you do not ask.
- You ask and do not receive, because you ask wrongly, to spend it on your passions.
- Unfaithful creatures! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God.
- Or do you suppose it is in vain that the scripture says, "He yearns jealously over the spirit which he has made to dwell in us"?
- But he gives more grace; therefore it says, "God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble."
- Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.
- Draw near to God and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you men of double mind.
- Be wretched and mourn and weep. Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to dejection.
- Humble yourselves before the Lord and he will exalt you.
- Do not speak evil against one another, brethren. He that speaks evil against a brother or judges his brother, speaks evil against the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge.
- There is one lawgiver and judge, he who is able to save and to destroy. But who are you that you judge your neighbor?
- Come now, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go into such and such a town and spend a year there and trade and get gain";
- whereas you do not know about tomorrow. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes.
- Instead you ought to say, "If the Lord wills, we shall live and we shall do this or that."
- As it is, you boast in your arrogance. All such boasting is evil.
- Whoever knows what is right to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin.
- Come now, you rich, weep and howl for the miseries that are coming upon you.
- Your riches have rotted and your garments are moth-eaten.
- Your gold and silver have rusted, and their rust will be evidence against you and will eat your flesh like fire. You have laid up treasure for the last days.
- Behold, the wages of the laborers who mowed your fields, which you kept back by fraud, cry out; and the cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of hosts.
- You have lived on the earth in luxury and in pleasure; you have fattened your hearts in a day of slaughter.
- You have condemned, you have killed the righteous man; he does not resist you.
- Be patient, therefore, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. Behold, the farmer waits for the precious fruit of the earth, being patient over it until it receives the early and the late rain.
- You also be patient. Establish your hearts, for the coming of the Lord is at hand.
- Do not grumble, brethren, against one another, that you may not be judged; behold, the Judge is standing at the doors.
- As an example of suffering and patience, brethren, take the prophets who spoke in the name of the Lord.
- Behold, we call those happy who were steadfast. You have heard of the steadfastness of Job, and you have seen the purpose of the Lord, how the Lord is compassionate and merciful.
- But above all, my brethren, do not swear, either by heaven or by earth or with any other oath, but let your yes be yes and your no be no, that you may not fall under condemnation.
- Is any one among you suffering? Let him pray. Is any cheerful? Let him sing praise.
- Is any among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord;
- and the prayer of faith will save the sick man, and the Lord will raise him up; and if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven.
- Therefore confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man has great power in its effects.
- Eli'jah was a man of like nature with ourselves and he prayed fervently that it might not rain, and for three years and six months it did not rain on the earth.
- Then he prayed again and the heaven gave rain, and the earth brought forth its fruit.
- My brethren, if any one among you wanders from the truth and some one brings him back,
- let him know that whoever brings back a sinner from the error of his way will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins.
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.