52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
2 Timothy 1
- Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God according to the promise of the life which is in Christ Jesus,
- To Timothy, my beloved child: Grace, mercy, and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord.
- I thank God whom I serve with a clear conscience, as did my fathers, when I remember you constantly in my prayers.
- As I remember your tears, I long night and day to see you, that I may be filled with joy.
- I am reminded of your sincere faith, a faith that dwelt first in your grandmother Lo'is and your mother Eunice and now, I am sure, dwells in you.
- Hence I remind you to rekindle the gift of God that is within you through the laying on of my hands;
- for God did not give us a spirit of timidity but a spirit of power and love and self-control.
- Do not be ashamed then of testifying to our Lord, nor of me his prisoner, but share in suffering for the gospel in the power of God,
- who saved us and called us with a holy calling, not in virtue of our works but in virtue of his own purpose and the grace which he gave us in Christ Jesus ages ago,
- and now has manifested through the appearing of our Savior Christ Jesus, who abolished death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel.
- For this gospel I was appointed a preacher and apostle and teacher,
- and therefore I suffer as I do. But I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed, and I am sure that he is able to guard until that Day what has been entrusted to me.
- Follow the pattern of the sound words which you have heard from me, in the faith and love which are in Christ Jesus;
- guard the truth that has been entrusted to you by the Holy Spirit who dwells within us.
- You are aware that all who are in Asia turned away from me, and among them Phy'gelus and Hermog'enes.
- May the Lord grant mercy to the household of Onesiph'orus, for he often refreshed me; he was not ashamed of my chains,
- but when he arrived in Rome he searched for me eagerly and found me--
- may the Lord grant him to find mercy from the Lord on that Day--and you well know all the service he rendered at Ephesus.
2 Timothy 2
- You then, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus,
- and what you have heard from me before many witnesses entrust to faithful men who will be able to teach others also.
- Share in suffering as a good soldier of Christ Jesus.
- No soldier on service gets entangled in civilian pursuits, since his aim is to satisfy the one who enlisted him.
- An athlete is not crowned unless he competes according to the rules.
- It is the hard-working farmer who ought to have the first share of the crops.
- Think over what I say, for the Lord will grant you understanding in everything.
- Remember Jesus Christ, risen from the dead, descended from David, as preached in my gospel,
- the gospel for which I am suffering and wearing fetters like a criminal. But the word of God is not fettered.
- Therefore I endure everything for the sake of the elect, that they also may obtain salvation in Christ Jesus with its eternal glory.
- The saying is sure: If we have died with him, we shall also live with him;
- if we endure, we shall also reign with him; if we deny him, he also will deny us;
- if we are faithless, he remains faithful--for he cannot deny himself.
- Remind them of this, and charge them before the Lord to avoid disputing about words, which does no good, but only ruins the hearers.
- Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth.
- Avoid such godless chatter, for it will lead people into more and more ungodliness,
- and their talk will eat its way like gangrene. Among them are Hymenae'us and Phile'tus,
- who have swerved from the truth by holding that the resurrection is past already. They are upsetting the faith of some.
- But God's firm foundation stands, bearing this seal: "The Lord knows those who are his," and, "Let every one who names the name of the Lord depart from iniquity."
- In a great house there are not only vessels of gold and silver but also of wood and earthenware, and some for noble use, some for ignoble.
- If any one purifies himself from what is ignoble, then he will be a vessel for noble use, consecrated and useful to the master of the house, ready for any good work.
- So shun youthful passions and aim at righteousness, faith, love, and peace, along with those who call upon the Lord from a pure heart.
- Have nothing to do with stupid, senseless controversies; you know that they breed quarrels.
- And the Lord's servant must not be quarrelsome but kindly to every one, an apt teacher, forbearing,
- correcting his opponents with gentleness. God may perhaps grant that they will repent and come to know the truth,
- and they may escape from the snare of the devil, after being captured by him to do his will.
You don't have permission to access /sampleinc.inc
on this server.