|52 Week Bible Reading Plan|
|ChristianMags.us tracks the lowest price on dozens of Christian magazines!|
52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
- Paul and Timothy, servants of Christ Jesus, To all the saints in Christ Jesus who are at Philip'pi, with the bishops and deacons:
- Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
- I thank my God in all my remembrance of you,
- always in every prayer of mine for you all making my prayer with joy,
- thankful for your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now.
- And I am sure that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.
- It is right for me to feel thus about you all, because I hold you in my heart, for you are all partakers with me of grace, both in my imprisonment and in the defense and confirmation of the gospel.
- For God is my witness, how I yearn for you all with the affection of Christ Jesus.
- And it is my prayer that your love may abound more and more, with knowledge and all discernment,
- so that you may approve what is excellent, and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ,
- filled with the fruits of righteousness which come through Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God.
- I want you to know, brethren, that what has happened to me has really served to advance the gospel,
- so that it has become known throughout the whole praetorian guard and to all the rest that my imprisonment is for Christ;
- and most of the brethren have been made confident in the Lord because of my imprisonment, and are much more bold to speak the word of God without fear.
- Some indeed preach Christ from envy and rivalry, but others from good will.
- The latter do it out of love, knowing that I am put here for the defense of the gospel;
- the former proclaim Christ out of partisanship, not sincerely but thinking to afflict me in my imprisonment.
- What then? Only that in every way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is proclaimed; and in that I rejoice.
- Yes, and I shall rejoice. For I know that through your prayers and the help of the Spirit of Jesus Christ this will turn out for my deliverance,
- as it is my eager expectation and hope that I shall not be at all ashamed, but that with full courage now as always Christ will be honored in my body, whether by life or by death.
- For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
- If it is to be life in the flesh, that means fruitful labor for me. Yet which I shall choose I cannot tell.
- I am hard pressed between the two. My desire is to depart and be with Christ, for that is far better.
- But to remain in the flesh is more necessary on your account.
- Convinced of this, I know that I shall remain and continue with you all, for your progress and joy in the faith,
- so that in me you may have ample cause to glory in Christ Jesus, because of my coming to you again.
- Only let your manner of life be worthy of the gospel of Christ, so that whether I come and see you or am absent, I may hear of you that you stand firm in one spirit, with one mind striving side by side for the faith of the gospel,
- and not frightened in anything by your opponents. This is a clear omen to them of their destruction, but of your salvation, and that from God.
- For it has been granted to you that for the sake of Christ you should not only believe in him but also suffer for his sake,
- engaged in the same conflict which you saw and now hear to be mine.
- So if there is any encouragement in Christ, any incentive of love, any participation in the Spirit, any affection and sympathy,
- complete my joy by being of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind.
- Do nothing from selfishness or conceit, but in humility count others better than yourselves.
- Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.
- Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus,
- who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped,
- but emptied himself, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men.
- And being found in human form he humbled himself and became obedient unto death, even death on a cross.
- Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name which is above every name,
- that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
- and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
- Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, so now, not only as in my presence but much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;
- for God is at work in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure.
- Do all things without grumbling or questioning,
- that you may be blameless and innocent, children of God without blemish in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world,
- holding fast the word of life, so that in the day of Christ I may be proud that I did not run in vain or labor in vain.
- Even if I am to be poured as a libation upon the sacrificial offering of your faith, I am glad and rejoice with you all.
- Likewise you also should be glad and rejoice with me.
- I hope in the Lord Jesus to send Timothy to you soon, so that I may be cheered by news of you.
- I have no one like him, who will be genuinely anxious for your welfare.
- They all look after their own interests, not those of Jesus Christ.
- But Timothy's worth you know, how as a son with a father he has served with me in the gospel.
- I hope therefore to send him just as soon as I see how it will go with me;
- and I trust in the Lord that shortly I myself shall come also.
- I have thought it necessary to send to you Epaphrodi'tus my brother and fellow worker and fellow soldier, and your messenger and minister to my need,
- for he has been longing for you all, and has been distressed because you heard that he was ill.
- Indeed he was ill, near to death. But God had mercy on him, and not only on him but on me also, lest I should have sorrow upon sorrow.
- I am the more eager to send him, therefore, that you may rejoice at seeing him again, and that I may be less anxious.
- So receive him in the Lord with all joy; and honor such men,
- for he nearly died for the work of Christ, risking his life to complete your service to me.
You don't have permission to access /sampleinc.inc
on this server.
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.