52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off ]
- "My spirit is broken, my days are extinguished, The grave is ready for me.
- " Surely mockers are with me, And my eye gazes on their provocation.
- "Lay down, now, a pledge for me with Yourself; Who is there that will be my guarantor?
- "For You have kept their heart from understanding, Therefore You will not exalt them.
- "He who informs against friends for a share of the spoil, The eyes of his children also will languish.
- "But He has made me a byword of the people, And I am one at whom men spit.
- "My eye has also grown dim because of grief, And all my members are as a shadow.
- "The upright will be appalled at this, And the innocent will stir up himself against the godless.
- "Nevertheless the righteous will hold to his way, And he who has clean hands will grow stronger and stronger.
- "But come again all of you now, For I do not find a wise man among you.
- "My days are past, my plans are torn apart, Even the wishes of my heart.
- "They make night into day, saying, "The light is near,' in the presence of darkness.
- "If I look for Sheol as my home, I make my bed in the darkness;
- If I call to the pit, "You are my father'; To the worm, "my mother and my sister';
- Where now is my hope? And who regards my hope?
- " Will it go down with me to Sheol? Shall we together go down into the dust?' 18
Scripture taken from the New American Standard Bible®, Copyright © The Lockman Foundation 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995. Used by permission.
- Then Bildad the Shuhite responded,
- "How long will you hunt for words? Show understanding and then we can talk.
- "Why are we regarded as beasts, As stupid in your eyes?
- "O you who tear yourself in your anger For your sake is the earth to be abandoned, Or the rock to be moved from its place?
- "Indeed, the light of the wicked goes out, And the flame of his fire gives no light.
- "The light in his tent is darkened, And his lamp goes out above him.
- "His vigorous stride is shortened, And his own scheme brings him down.
- "For he is thrown into the net by his own feet, And he steps on the webbing.
- "A snare seizes him by the heel, And a trap snaps shut on him.
- "A noose for him is hidden in the ground, And a trap for him on the path.
- "All around terrors frighten him, And harry him at every step.
- "His strength is famished, And calamity is ready at his side.
- " His skin is devoured by disease, The firstborn of death devours his limbs.
- "He is torn from the security of his tent, And they march him before the king of terrors.
- " There dwells in his tent nothing of his; Brimstone is scattered on his habitation.
- "His roots are dried below, And his branch is cut off above.
- " Memory of him perishes from the earth, And he has no name abroad.
- " He is driven from light into darkness, And chased from the inhabited world.
- "He has no offspring or posterity among his people, Nor any survivor where he sojourned.
- "Those in the west are appalled at his fate, And those in the east are seized with horror.
- "Surely such are the dwellings of the wicked, And this is the place of him who does not know God.' 19
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.