|52 Week Bible Reading Plan|
|Don't like to read? Get the Bible on CD, Cassette, MP3, DVD, or VHS!|
52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off ]
Song of Solomon 3
- "On my bed night after night I sought him Whom my soul loves; I sought him but did not find him.
- " I must arise now and go about the city; In the streets and in the squares I must seek him whom my soul loves.' I sought him but did not find him.
- " The watchmen who make the rounds in the city found me, And I said, "Have you seen him whom my soul loves?'
- " Scarcely had I left them When I found him whom my soul loves; I held on to him and would not let him go Until I had brought him to my mother's house, And into the room of her who conceived me.'
- " I adjure you, O daughters of Jerusalem, By the gazelles or by the hinds of the field, That you will not arouse or awaken my love Until she pleases.'
- " What is this coming up from the wilderness Like columns of smoke, Perfumed with myrrh and frankincense, With all scented powders of the merchant?
- "Behold, it is the traveling couch of Solomon; Sixty mighty men around it, Of the mighty men of Israel.
- "All of them are wielders of the sword, Expert in war; Each man has his sword at his side, Guarding against the terrors of the night.
- "King Solomon has made for himself a sedan chair From the timber of Lebanon.
- "He made its posts of silver, Its back of gold And its seat of purple fabric, With its interior lovingly fitted out By the daughters of Jerusalem.
- "Go forth, O daughters of Zion, And gaze on King Solomon with the crown With which his mother has crowned him On the day of his wedding, And on the day of his gladness of heart.' 4
Song of Solomon 4
Scripture taken from the New American Standard Bible®, Copyright © The Lockman Foundation 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995. Used by permission.
- " How beautiful you are, my darling, How beautiful you are! Your eyes are like doves behind your veil; Your hair is like a flock of goats That have descended from Mount Gilead.
- "Your teeth are like a flock of newly shorn ewes Which have come up from their washing, All of which bear twins, And not one among them has lost her young.
- "Your lips are like a scarlet thread, And your mouth is lovely. Your temples are like a slice of a pomegranate Behind your veil.
- "Your neck is like the tower of David, Built with rows of stones On which are hung a thousand shields, All the round shields of the mighty men.
- "Your two breasts are like two fawns, Twins of a gazelle Which feed among the lilies.
- " Until the cool of the day When the shadows flee away, I will go my way to the mountain of myrrh And to the hill of frankincense.
- " You are altogether beautiful, my darling, And there is no blemish in you.
- "Come with me from Lebanon, my bride, May you come with me from Lebanon. Journey down from the summit of Amana, From the summit of Senir and Hermon, From the dens of lions, From the mountains of leopards.
- "You have made my heart beat faster, my sister, my bride; You have made my heart beat faster with a single glance of your eyes, With a single strand of your necklace.
- " How beautiful is your love, my sister, my bride! How much better is your love than wine, And the fragrance of your oils Than all kinds of spices!
- "Your lips, my bride, drip honey; Honey and milk are under your tongue, And the fragrance of your garments is like the fragrance of Lebanon.
- "A garden locked is my sister, my bride, A rock garden locked, a spring sealed up.
- "Your shoots are an orchard of pomegranates With choice fruits, henna with nard plants,
- Nard and saffron, calamus and cinnamon, With all the trees of frankincense, Myrrh and aloes, along with all the finest spices.
- "You are a garden spring, A well of fresh water, And streams flowing from Lebanon.'
- " Awake, O north wind, And come, wind of the south; Make my garden breathe out fragrance, Let its spices be wafted abroad. May my beloved come into his garden And eat its choice fruits!' 5
You don't have permission to access /sampleinc.inc
on this server.