52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off ]
1 John 4
- Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
- By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God;
- and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world.
- You are from God, little children, and have overcome them; because greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world.
- They are from the world; therefore they speak as from the world, and the world listens to them.
- We are from God; he who knows God listens to us; he who is not from God does not listen to us. By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.
- Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God.
- The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love.
- By this the love of God was manifested in us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world so that we might live through Him.
- In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
- Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.
- No one has seen God at any time; if we love one another, God abides in us, and His love is perfected in us.
- By this we know that we abide in Him and He in us, because He has given us of His Spirit.
- We have seen and testify that the Father has sent the Son to be the Savior of the world.
- Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God.
- We have come to know and have believed the love which God has for us. God is love, and the one who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him.
- By this, love is perfected with us, so that we may have confidence in the day of judgment; because as He is, so also are we in this world.
- There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love.
- We love, because He first loved us.
- If someone says, "I love God,' and hates his brother, he is a liar; for the one who does not love his brother whom he has seen, cannot love God whom he has not seen.
- And this commandment we have from Him, that the one who loves God should love his brother also. 5
1 John 5
Scripture taken from the New American Standard Bible®, Copyright © The Lockman Foundation 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995. Used by permission.
- Whoever believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and whoever loves the Father loves the child born of Him.
- By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and observe His commandments.
- For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments; and His commandments are not burdensome.
- For whatever is born of God overcomes the world; and this is the victory that has overcome the world, our faith.
- Who is the one who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?
- This is the One who came by water and blood, Jesus Christ; not with the water only, but with the water and with the blood. It is the Spirit who testifies, because the Spirit is the truth.
- For there are three that testify:
- the Spirit and the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement.
- If we receive the testimony of men, the testimony of God is greater; for the testimony of God is this, that He has testified concerning His Son.
- The one who believes in the Son of God has the testimony in himself; the one who does not believe God has made Him a liar, because he has not believed in the testimony that God has given concerning His Son.
- And the testimony is this, that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son.
- He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life.
- These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life.
- This is the confidence which we have before Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.
- And if we know that He hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests which we have asked from Him.
- If anyone sees his brother committing a sin not leading to death, he shall ask and God will for him give life to those who commit sin not leading to death. There is a sin leading to death; I do not say that he should make request for this.
- All unrighteousness is sin, and there is a sin not leading to death.
- We know that no one who is born of God sins; but He who was born of God keeps him, and the evil one does not touch him.
- We know that we are of God, and that the whole world lies in the power of the evil one.
- And we know that the Son of God has come, and has given us understanding so that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life.
- Little children, guard yourselves from idols.
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.