52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
- Rescue me, O LORD, from evil men; Preserve me from violent men
- Who devise evil things in their hearts; They continually stir up wars.
- They sharpen their tongues as a serpent; Poison of a viper is under their lips. Selah.
- Keep me, O LORD, from the hands of the wicked; Preserve me from violent men Who have purposed to trip up my feet.
- The proud have hidden a trap for me, and cords; They have spread a net by the wayside; They have set snares for me. Selah.
- I said to the LORD, "You are my God; Give ear, O LORD, to the voice of my supplications.
- "O GOD the Lord, the strength of my salvation, You have covered my head in the day of battle.
- "Do not grant, O LORD, the desires of the wicked; Do not promote his evil device, that they not be exalted. Selah.
- "As for the head of those who surround me, May the mischief of their lips cover them.
- "May burning coals fall upon them; May they be cast into the fire, Into deep pits from which they cannot rise.
- "May a slanderer not be established in the earth; May evil hunt the violent man speedily.'
- I know that the LORD will maintain the cause of the afflicted And justice for the poor.
- Surely the righteous will give thanks to Your name; The upright will dwell in Your presence. 141 An Evening Prayer for Sanctification and Protection. A Psalm of David.
- OLord, I call upon You; hasten to me! Give ear to my voice when I call to You!
- May my prayer be counted as incense before You; The lifting up of my hands as the evening offering.
- Set a guard, O LORD, over my mouth; Keep watch over the door of my lips.
- Do not incline my heart to any evil thing, To practice deeds of wickedness With men who do iniquity; And do not let me eat of their delicacies.
- Let the righteous smite me in kindness and reprove me; It is oil upon the head; Do not let my head refuse it, For still my prayer is against their wicked deeds.
- Their judges are thrown down by the sides of the rock, And they hear my words, for they are pleasant.
- As when one plows and breaks open the earth, Our bones have been scattered at the mouth of Sheol.
- For my eyes are toward You, O GOD, the Lord; In You I take refuge; do not leave me defenseless.
- Keep me from the jaws of the trap which they have set for me, And from the snares of those who do iniquity.
- Let the wicked fall into their own nets, While I pass by safely. 142 Prayer for Help in Trouble. Maskil of David, when he was in the cave. A Prayer.
Scripture taken from the New American Standard Bible®, Copyright © The Lockman Foundation 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995. Used by permission.
- I cry aloud with my voice to the LORD; I make supplication with my voice to the LORD.
- I pour out my complaint before Him; I declare my trouble before Him.
- When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, You knew my path. In the way where I walk They have hidden a trap for me.
- Look to the right and see; For there is no one who regards me; There is no escape for me; No one cares for my soul.
- I cried out to You, O LORD; I said, "You are my refuge, My portion in the land of the living.
- " Give heed to my cry, For I am brought very low; Deliver me from my persecutors, For they are too strong for me.
- " Bring my soul out of prison, So that I may give thanks to Your name; The righteous will surround me, For You will deal bountifully with me.' 143 Prayer for Deliverance and Guidance. A Psalm of David.
You don't have permission to access /sampleinc.inc
on this server.