52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off ]
1 John 1
- What was from the beginning, what we have heard, what we have seen with our eyes, what we have looked at and touched with our hands, concerning the Word of Life
- and the life was manifested, and we have seen and testify and proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and was manifested to us
- what we have seen and heard we proclaim to you also, so that you too may have fellowship with us; and indeed our fellowship is with the Father, and with His Son Jesus Christ.
- These things we write, so that our joy may be made complete.
- This is the message we have heard from Him and announce to you, that God is Light, and in Him there is no darkness at all.
- If we say that we have fellowship with Him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth;
- but if we walk in the Light as He Himself is in the Light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin.
- If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us.
- If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
- If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us. 2
1 John 2
- My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous;
- and He Himself is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for those of the whole world.
- By this we know that we have come to know Him, if we keep His commandments.
- The one who says, " I have come to know Him,' and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him;
- but whoever keeps His word, in him the love of God has truly been perfected. By this we know that we are in Him:
- the one who says he abides in Him ought himself to walk in the same manner as He walked.
- Beloved, I am not writing a new commandment to you, but an old commandment which you have had from the beginning; the old commandment is the word which you have heard.
- On the other hand, I am writing a new commandment to you, which is true in Him and in you, because the darkness is passing away and the true Light is already shining.
- The one who says he is in the Light and yet hates his brother is in the darkness until now.
- The one who loves his brother abides in the Light and there is no cause for stumbling in him.
- But the one who hates his brother is in the darkness and walks in the darkness, and does not know where he is going because the darkness has blinded his eyes.
- I am writing to you, little children, because your sins have been forgiven you for His name's sake.
- I am writing to you, fathers, because you know Him who has been from the beginning. I am writing to you, young men, because you have overcome the evil one. I have written to you, children, because you know the Father.
- I have written to you, fathers, because you know Him who has been from the beginning. I have written to you, young men, because you are strong, and the word of God abides in you, and you have overcome the evil one.
- Do not love the world nor the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
- For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the boastful pride of life, is not from the Father, but is from the world.
- The world is passing away, and also its lusts; but the one who does the will of God lives forever.
- Children, it is the last hour; and just as you heard that antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have appeared; from this we know that it is the last hour.
- They went out from us, but they were not really of us; for if they had been of us, they would have remained with us; but they went out, so that it would be shown that they all are not of us.
- But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and you all know.
- I have not written to you because you do not know the truth, but because you do know it, and because no lie is of the truth.
- Who is the liar but the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one who denies the Father and the Son.
- Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father; the one who confesses the Son has the Father also.
- As for you, let that abide in you which you heard from the beginning. If what you heard from the beginning abides in you, you also will abide in the Son and in the Father.
- This is the promise which He Himself made to us: eternal life.
- These things I have written to you concerning those who are trying to deceive you.
- As for you, the anointing which you received from Him abides in you, and you have no need for anyone to teach you; but as His anointing teaches you about all things, and is true and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you abide in Him.
- Now, little children, abide in Him, so that when He appears, we may have confidence and not shrink away from Him in shame at His coming.
- If you know that He is righteous, you know that everyone also who practices righteousness is born of Him. 3
1 John 3
Scripture taken from the New American Standard Bible®, Copyright © The Lockman Foundation 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995. Used by permission.
Can't connect to www.christianmags.us:80 (Connection timed out)
Connection timed out at /usr/local/share/perl5/LWP/Protocol/http.pm line 50, line 364.
- See how great a love the Father has bestowed on us, that we would be called children of God; and such we are. For this reason the world does not know us, because it did not know Him.
- Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not appeared as yet what we will be. We know that when He appears, we will be like Him, because we will see Him just as He is.
- And everyone who has this hope fixed on Him purifies himself, just as He is pure.
- Everyone who practices sin also practices lawlessness; and sin is lawlessness.
- You know that He appeared in order to take away sins; and in Him there is no sin.
- No one who abides in Him sins; no one who sins has seen Him or knows Him.
- Little children, make sure no one deceives you; the one who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous;
- the one who practices sin is of the devil; for the devil has sinned from the beginning. The Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil.
- No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
- By this the children of God and the children of the devil are obvious: anyone who does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor the one who does not love his brother.
- For this is the message which you have heard from the beginning, that we should love one another;
- not as Cain, who was of the evil one and slew his brother. And for what reason did he slay him? Because his deeds were evil, and his brother's were righteous.
- Do not be surprised, brethren, if the world hates you.
- We know that we have passed out of death into life, because we love the brethren. He who does not love abides in death.
- Everyone who hates his brother is a murderer; and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.
- We know love by this, that He laid down His life for us; and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.
- But whoever has the world's goods, and sees his brother in need and closes his heart against him, how does the love of God abide in him?
- Little children, let us not love with word or with tongue, but in deed and truth.
- We will know by this that we are of the truth, and will assure our heart before Him
- in whatever our heart condemns us; for God is greater than our heart and knows all things.
- Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence before God;
- and whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do the things that are pleasing in His sight.
- This is His commandment, that we believe in the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, just as He commanded us.
- The one who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. We know by this that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us. 4
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.