|52 Week Bible Reading Plan|
|Want to read through the Bible in a year? This plan can help you!|
52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off ]
- The words of the Preacher, the son of David, king in Jerusalem.
- " Vanity of vanities,' says the Preacher, " Vanity of vanities! All is vanity.'
- What advantage does man have in all his work Which he does under the sun?
- A generation goes and a generation comes, But the earth remains forever.
- Also, the sun rises and the sun sets; And hastening to its place it rises there again.
- Blowing toward the south, Then turning toward the north, The wind continues swirling along; And on its circular courses the wind returns.
- All the rivers flow into the sea, Yet the sea is not full. To the place where the rivers flow, There they flow again.
- All things are wearisome; Man is not able to tell it. The eye is not satisfied with seeing, Nor is the ear filled with hearing.
- That which has been is that which will be, And that which has been done is that which will be done. So there is nothing new under the sun.
- Is there anything of which one might say, "See this, it is new'? Already it has existed for ages Which were before us.
- There is no remembrance of earlier things; And also of the later things which will occur, There will be for them no remembrance Among those who will come later still.
- I, the Preacher, have been king over Israel in Jerusalem.
- And I set my mind to seek and explore by wisdom concerning all that has been done under heaven. It is a grievous task which God has given to the sons of men to be afflicted with.
- I have seen all the works which have been done under the sun, and behold, all is vanity and striving after wind.
- What is crooked cannot be straightened and what is lacking cannot be counted.
- I said to myself, "Behold, I have magnified and increased wisdom more than all who were over Jerusalem before me; and my mind has observed a wealth of wisdom and knowledge.'
- And I set my mind to know wisdom and to know madness and folly; I realized that this also is striving after wind.
- Because in much wisdom there is much grief, and increasing knowledge results in increasing pain. 2
Scripture taken from the New American Standard Bible®, Copyright © The Lockman Foundation 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995. Used by permission.
500 Internal Server Error
- I said to myself, "Come now, I will test you with pleasure. So enjoy yourself.' And behold, it too was futility.
- I said of laughter, "It is madness,' and of pleasure, "What does it accomplish?'
- I explored with my mind how to stimulate my body with wine while my mind was guiding me wisely, and how to take hold of folly, until I could see what good there is for the sons of men to do under heaven the few years of their lives.
- I enlarged my works: I built houses for myself, I planted vineyards for myself;
- I made gardens and parks for myself and I planted in them all kinds of fruit trees;
- I made ponds of water for myself from which to irrigate a forest of growing trees.
- I bought male and female slaves and I had homeborn slaves. Also I possessed flocks and herds larger than all who preceded me in Jerusalem.
- Also, I collected for myself silver and gold and the treasure of kings and provinces. I provided for myself male and female singers and the pleasures of menmany concubines.
- Then I became great and increased more than all who preceded me in Jerusalem. My wisdom also stood by me.
- All that my eyes desired I did not refuse them. I did not withhold my heart from any pleasure, for my heart was pleased because of all my labor and this was my reward for all my labor.
- Thus I considered all my activities which my hands had done and the labor which I had exerted, and behold all was vanity and striving after wind and there was no profit under the sun.
- So I turned to consider wisdom, madness and folly; for what will the man do who will come after the king except what has already been done?
- And I saw that wisdom excels folly as light excels darkness.
- The wise man's eyes are in his head, but the fool walks in darkness. And yet I know that one fate befalls them both.
- Then I said to myself, " As is the fate of the fool, it will also befall me. Why then have I been extremely wise?' So I said to myself, "This too is vanity.'
- For there is no lasting remembrance of the wise man as with the fool, inasmuch as in the coming days all will be forgotten. And how the wise man and the fool alike die!
- So I hated life, for the work which had been done under the sun was grievous to me; because everything is futility and striving after wind.
- Thus I hated all the fruit of my labor for which I had labored under the sun, for I must leave it to the man who will come after me.
- And who knows whether he will be a wise man or a fool? Yet he will have control over all the fruit of my labor for which I have labored by acting wisely under the sun. This too is vanity.
- Therefore I completely despaired of all the fruit of my labor for which I had labored under the sun.
- When there is a man who has labored with wisdom, knowledge and skill, then he gives his legacy to one who has not labored with them. This too is vanity and a great evil.
- For what does a man get in all his labor and in his striving with which he labors under the sun?
- Because all his days his task is painful and grievous; even at night his mind does not rest. This too is vanity.
- There is nothing better for a man than to eat and drink and tell himself that his labor is good. This also I have seen that it is from the hand of God.
- For who can eat and who can have enjoyment without Him?
- For to a person who is good in His sight He has given wisdom and knowledge and joy, while to the sinner He has given the task of gathering and collecting so that he may give to one who is good in God's sight. This too is vanity and striving after wind. 3
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or
misconfiguration and was unable to complete
Please contact the server administrator at
firstname.lastname@example.org to inform them of the time this error occurred,
and the actions you performed just before this error.
More information about this error may be available
in the server error log.
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.