|52 Week Bible Reading Plan|
|Want to read through the Bible in a year? This plan can help you!|
52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
- Now the main point in what has been said is this: we have such a high priest, who has taken His seat at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens,
- a minister in the sanctuary and in the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, not man.
- For every high priest is appointed to offer both gifts and sacrifices; so it is necessary that this high priest also have something to offer.
- Now if He were on earth, He would not be a priest at all, since there are those who offer the gifts according to the Law;
- who serve a copy and shadow of the heavenly things, just as Moses was warned by God when he was about to erect the tabernacle; for, " SEE,' He says, "THAT YOU MAKE all things ACCORDING TO THE PATTERN WHICH WAS SHOWN YOU ON THE MOUNTAIN.'
- But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, by as much as He is also the mediator of a better covenant, which has been enacted on better promises.
- For if that first covenant had been faultless, there would have been no occasion sought for a second.
- For finding fault with them, He says, " BEHOLD, DAYS ARE COMING, SAYS THE LORD, WHEN I WILL EFFECT A NEW COVENANT WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL AND WITH THE HOUSE OF JUDAH;
- NOT LIKE THE COVENANT WHICH I MADE WITH THEIR FATHERS ON THE DAY WHEN I TOOK THEM BY THE HAND TO LEAD THEM OUT OF THE LAND OF EGYPT; FOR THEY DID NOT CONTINUE IN MY COVENANT, AND I DID NOT CARE FOR THEM, SAYS THE LORD.
- " FOR THIS IS THE COVENANT THAT I WILL MAKE WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL AFTER THOSE DAYS, SAYS THE LORD: I WILL PUT MY LAWS INTO THEIR MINDS, AND I WILL WRITE THEM ON THEIR HEARTS. AND I WILL BE THEIR GOD, AND THEY SHALL BE MY PEOPLE.
- " AND THEY SHALL NOT TEACH EVERYONE HIS FELLOW CITIZEN, AND EVERYONE HIS BROTHER, SAYING, "KNOW THE LORD,' FOR ALL WILL KNOW ME, FROM THE LEAST TO THE GREATEST OF THEM.
- " FOR I WILL BE MERCIFUL TO THEIR INIQUITIES, AND I WILL REMEMBER THEIR SINS NO MORE.'
- When He said, " A new covenant,' He has made the first obsolete. But whatever is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to disappear. 9
- Now even the first covenant had regulations of divine worship and the earthly sanctuary.
- For there was a tabernacle prepared, the outer one, in which were the lampstand and the table and the sacred bread; this is called the holy place.
- Behind the second veil there was a tabernacle which is called the Holy of Holies,
- having a golden altar of incense and the ark of the covenant covered on all sides with gold, in which was a golden jar holding the manna, and Aaron's rod which budded, and the tables of the covenant;
- and above it were the cherubim of glory overshadowing the mercy seat; but of these things we cannot now speak in detail.
- Now when these things have been so prepared, the priests are continually entering the outer tabernacle performing the divine worship,
- but into the second, only the high priest enters once a year, not without taking blood, which he offers for himself and for the sins of the people committed in ignorance.
- The Holy Spirit is signifying this, that the way into the holy place has not yet been disclosed while the outer tabernacle is still standing,
- which is a symbol for the present time. Accordingly both gifts and sacrifices are offered which cannot make the worshiper perfect in conscience,
- since they relate only to food and drink and various washings, regulations for the body imposed until a time of reformation.
- But when Christ appeared as a high priest of the good things to come, He entered through the greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this creation;
- and not through the blood of goats and calves, but through His own blood, He entered the holy place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption.
- For if the blood of goats and bulls and the ashes of a heifer sprinkling those who have been defiled sanctify for the cleansing of the flesh,
- how much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without blemish to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
- For this reason He is the mediator of a new covenant, so that, since a death has taken place for the redemption of the transgressions that were committed under the first covenant, those who have been called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.
- For where a covenant is, there must of necessity be the death of the one who made it.
- For a covenant is valid only when men are dead, for it is never in force while the one who made it lives.
- Therefore even the first covenant was not inaugurated without blood.
- For when every commandment had been spoken by Moses to all the people according to the Law, he took the blood of the calves and the goats, with water and scarlet wool and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book itself and all the people,
- saying, " THIS IS THE BLOOD OF THE COVENANT WHICH GOD COMMANDED YOU.'
- And in the same way he sprinkled both the tabernacle and all the vessels of the ministry with the blood.
- And according to the Law, one may almost say, all things are cleansed with blood, and without shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.
- Therefore it was necessary for the copies of the things in the heavens to be cleansed with these, but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these.
- For Christ did not enter a holy place made with hands, a mere copy of the true one, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us;
- nor was it that He would offer Himself often, as the high priest enters the holy place year by year with blood that is not his own.
- Otherwise, He would have needed to suffer often since the foundation of the world; but now once at the consummation of the ages He has been manifested to put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself.
- And inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment,
- so Christ also, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time for salvation without reference to sin, to those who eagerly await Him. 10
Scripture taken from the New American Standard Bible®, Copyright © The Lockman Foundation 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995. Used by permission.
- For the Law, since it has only a shadow of the good things to come and not the very form of things, can never, by the same sacrifices which they offer continually year by year, make perfect those who draw near.
- Otherwise, would they not have ceased to be offered, because the worshipers, having once been cleansed, would no longer have had consciousness of sins?
- But in those sacrifices there is a reminder of sins year by year.
- For it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins.
- Therefore, when He comes into the world, He says, " SACRIFICE AND OFFERING YOU HAVE NOT DESIRED, BUT A BODY YOU HAVE PREPARED FOR ME;
- IN WHOLE BURNT OFFERINGS AND sacrifices FOR SIN YOU HAVE TAKEN NO PLEASURE.
- " THEN I SAID, "BEHOLD, I HAVE COME (IN THE SCROLL OF THE BOOK IT IS WRITTEN OF ME) TO DO YOUR WILL, O GOD.'
- After saying above, " SACRIFICES AND OFFERINGS AND WHOLE BURNT OFFERINGS AND sacrifices FOR SIN YOU HAVE NOT DESIRED, NOR HAVE YOU TAKEN PLEASURE in them' (which are offered according to the Law),
- then He said, " BEHOLD, I HAVE COME TO DO YOUR WILL.' He takes away the first in order to establish the second.
- By this will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
- Every priest stands daily ministering and offering time after time the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins;
- but He, having offered one sacrifice for sins for all time, SAT DOWN AT THE RIGHT HAND OF GOD,
- waiting from that time onward UNTIL HIS ENEMIES BE MADE A FOOTSTOOL FOR HIS FEET.
- For by one offering He has perfected for all time those who are sanctified.
- And the Holy Spirit also testifies to us; for after saying,
- " THIS IS THE COVENANT THAT I WILL MAKE WITH THEM AFTER THOSE DAYS, SAYS THE LORD: I WILL PUT MY LAWS UPON THEIR HEART, AND ON THEIR MIND I WILL WRITE THEM,' He then says,
- " AND THEIR SINS AND THEIR LAWLESS DEEDS I WILL REMEMBER NO MORE.'
- Now where there is forgiveness of these things, there is no longer any offering for sin.
- Therefore, brethren, since we have confidence to enter the holy place by the blood of Jesus,
- by a new and living way which He inaugurated for us through the veil, that is, His flesh,
- and since we have a great priest over the house of God,
- let us draw near with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water.
- Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful;
- and let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds,
- not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another; and all the more as you see the day drawing near.
- For if we go on sinning willfully after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,
- but a terrifying expectation of judgment and THE FURY OF A FIRE WHICH WILL CONSUME THE ADVERSARIES.
- Anyone who has set aside the Law of Moses dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses.
- How much severer punishment do you think he will deserve who has trampled under foot the Son of God, and has regarded as unclean the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and has insulted the Spirit of grace?
- For we know Him who said, " VENGEANCE IS MINE, I WILL REPAY.' And again, " THE LORD WILL JUDGE HIS PEOPLE.'
- It is a terrifying thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
- But remember the former days, when, after being enlightened, you endured a great conflict of sufferings,
- partly by being made a public spectacle through reproaches and tribulations, and partly by becoming sharers with those who were so treated.
- For you showed sympathy to the prisoners and accepted joyfully the seizure of your property, knowing that you have for yourselves a better possession and a lasting one.
- Therefore, do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward.
- For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God, you may receive what was promised.
- FOR YET IN A VERY LITTLE WHILE, HE WHO IS COMING WILL COME, AND WILL NOT DELAY.
- BUT MY RIGHTEOUS ONE SHALL LIVE BY FAITH; AND IF HE SHRINKS BACK, MY SOUL HAS NO PLEASURE IN HIM.
- But we are not of those who shrink back to destruction, but of those who have faith to the preserving of the soul. 11
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.