52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
- Wine is a mocker, strong drink a brawler, And whoever is intoxicated by it is not wise.
- The terror of a king is like the growling of a lion; He who provokes him to anger forfeits his own life.
- Keeping away from strife is an honor for a man, But any fool will quarrel.
- The sluggard does not plow after the autumn, So he begs during the harvest and has nothing.
- A plan in the heart of a man is like deep water, But a man of understanding draws it out.
- Many a man proclaims his own loyalty, But who can find a trustworthy man?
- A righteous man who walks in his integrity How blessed are his sons after him.
- A king who sits on the throne of justice Disperses all evil with his eyes.
- Who can say, "I have cleansed my heart, I am pure from my sin'?
- Differing weights and differing measures, Both of them are abominable to the LORD.
- It is by his deeds that a lad distinguishes himself If his conduct is pure and right.
- The hearing ear and the seeing eye, The LORD has made both of them.
- Do not love sleep, or you will become poor; Open your eyes, and you will be satisfied with food.
- "Bad, bad,' says the buyer, But when he goes his way, then he boasts.
- There is gold, and an abundance of jewels; But the lips of knowledge are a more precious thing.
- Take his garment when he becomes surety for a stranger; And for foreigners, hold him in pledge.
- Bread obtained by falsehood is sweet to a man, But afterward his mouth will be filled with gravel.
- Prepare plans by consultation, And make war by wise guidance.
- He who goes about as a slanderer reveals secrets, Therefore do not associate with a gossip.
- He who curses his father or his mother, His lamp will go out in time of darkness.
- An inheritance gained hurriedly at the beginning Will not be blessed in the end.
- Do not say, "I will repay evil'; Wait for the LORD, and He will save you.
- Differing weights are an abomination to the LORD, And a false scale is not good.
- Man's steps are ordained by the LORD, How then can man understand his way?
- It is a trap for a man to say rashly, "It is holy!' And after the vows to make inquiry.
- A wise king winnows the wicked, And drives the threshing wheel over them.
- The spirit of man is the lamp of the LORD, Searching all the innermost parts of his being.
- Loyalty and truth preserve the king, And he upholds his throne by righteousness.
- The glory of young men is their strength, And the honor of old men is their gray hair.
- Stripes that wound scour away evil, And strokes reach the innermost parts. 21
Scripture taken from the New American Standard Bible®, Copyright © The Lockman Foundation 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995. Used by permission.
Can't connect to www.christianmags.us:80 (Connection timed out)
Connection timed out at /usr/local/share/perl5/LWP/Protocol/http.pm line 50, line 364.
- The king's heart is like channels of water in the hand of the LORD; He turns it wherever He wishes.
- Every man's way is right in his own eyes, But the LORD weighs the hearts.
- To do righteousness and justice Is desired by the LORD more than sacrifice.
- Haughty eyes and a proud heart, The lamp of the wicked, is sin.
- The plans of the diligent lead surely to advantage, But everyone who is hasty comes surely to poverty.
- The acquisition of treasures by a lying tongue Is a fleeting vapor, the pursuit of death.
- The violence of the wicked will drag them away, Because they refuse to act with justice.
- The way of a guilty man is crooked, But as for the pure, his conduct is upright.
- It is better to live in a corner of a roof Than in a house shared with a contentious woman.
- The soul of the wicked desires evil; His neighbor finds no favor in his eyes.
- When the scoffer is punished, the naive becomes wise; But when the wise is instructed, he receives knowledge.
- The righteous one considers the house of the wicked, Turning the wicked to ruin.
- He who shuts his ear to the cry of the poor Will also cry himself and not be answered.
- A gift in secret subdues anger, And a bribe in the bosom, strong wrath.
- The exercise of justice is joy for the righteous, But is terror to the workers of iniquity.
- A man who wanders from the way of understanding Will rest in the assembly of the dead.
- He who loves pleasure will become a poor man; He who loves wine and oil will not become rich.
- The wicked is a ransom for the righteous, And the treacherous is in the place of the upright.
- It is better to live in a desert land Than with a contentious and vexing woman.
- There is precious treasure and oil in the dwelling of the wise, But a foolish man swallows it up.
- He who pursues righteousness and loyalty Finds life, righteousness and honor.
- A wise man scales the city of the mighty And brings down the stronghold in which they trust.
- He who guards his mouth and his tongue, Guards his soul from troubles.
- "Proud,' "Haughty,' " Scoffer,' are his names, Who acts with insolent pride.
- The desire of the sluggard puts him to death, For his hands refuse to work;
- All day long he is craving, While the righteous gives and does not hold back.
- The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination, How much more when he brings it with evil intent!
- A false witness will perish, But the man who listens to the truth will speak forever.
- A wicked man displays a bold face, But as for the upright, he makes his way sure.
- There is no wisdom and no understanding And no counsel against the LORD.
- The horse is prepared for the day of battle, But victory belongs to the LORD. 22
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.