52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
- Does not wisdom call, And understanding lift up her voice?
- On top of the heights beside the way, Where the paths meet, she takes her stand;
- Beside the gates, at the opening to the city, At the entrance of the doors, she cries out:
- "To you, O men, I call, And my voice is to the sons of men.
- "O naive ones, understand prudence; And, O fools, understand wisdom.
- "Listen, for I will speak noble things; And the opening of my lips will reveal right things.
- "For my mouth will utter truth; And wickedness is an abomination to my lips.
- "All the utterances of my mouth are in righteousness; There is nothing crooked or perverted in them.
- "They are all straightforward to him who understands, And right to those who find knowledge.
- "Take my instruction and not silver, And knowledge rather than choicest gold.
- "For wisdom is better than jewels; And all desirable things cannot compare with her.
- "I, wisdom, dwell with prudence, And I find knowledge and discretion.
- "The fear of the LORD is to hate evil; Pride and arrogance and the evil way And the perverted mouth, I hate.
- " Counsel is mine and sound wisdom; I am understanding, power is mine.
- "By me kings reign, And rulers decree justice.
- "By me princes rule, and nobles, All who judge rightly.
- "I love those who love me; And those who diligently seek me will find me.
- " Riches and honor are with me, Enduring wealth and righteousness.
- "My fruit is better than gold, even pure gold, And my yield better than choicest silver.
- "I walk in the way of righteousness, In the midst of the paths of justice,
- To endow those who love me with wealth, That I may fill their treasuries.
- "The LORD possessed me at the beginning of His way, Before His works of old.
- "From everlasting I was established, From the beginning, from the earliest times of the earth.
- "When there were no depths I was brought forth, When there were no springs abounding with water.
- " Before the mountains were settled, Before the hills I was brought forth;
- While He had not yet made the earth and the fields, Nor the first dust of the world.
- "When He established the heavens, I was there, When He inscribed a circle on the face of the deep,
- When He made firm the skies above, When the springs of the deep became fixed,
- When He set for the sea its boundary So that the water would not transgress His command, When He marked out the foundations of the earth;
- Then I was beside Him, as a master workman; And I was daily His delight, Rejoicing always before Him,
- Rejoicing in the world, His earth, And having my delight in the sons of men.
- "Now therefore, O sons, listen to me, For blessed are they who keep my ways.
- " Heed instruction and be wise, And do not neglect it.
- " Blessed is the man who listens to me, Watching daily at my gates, Waiting at my doorposts.
- "For he who finds me finds life And obtains favor from the LORD.
- "But he who sins against me injures himself; All those who hate me love death.' 9
Scripture taken from the New American Standard Bible®, Copyright © The Lockman Foundation 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995. Used by permission.
- Wisdom has built her house, She has hewn out her seven pillars;
- She has prepared her food, she has mixed her wine; She has also set her table;
- She has sent out her maidens, she calls From the tops of the heights of the city:
- " Whoever is naive, let him turn in here!' To him who lacks understanding she says,
- "Come, eat of my food And drink of the wine I have mixed.
- " Forsake your folly and live, And proceed in the way of understanding.'
- He who corrects a scoffer gets dishonor for himself, And he who reproves a wicked man gets insults for himself.
- Do not reprove a scoffer, or he will hate you, Reprove a wise man and he will love you.
- Give instruction to a wise man and he will be still wiser, Teach a righteous man and he will increase his learning.
- The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.
- For by me your days will be multiplied, And years of life will be added to you.
- If you are wise, you are wise for yourself, And if you scoff, you alone will bear it.
- The woman of folly is boisterous, She is naive and knows nothing.
- She sits at the doorway of her house, On a seat by the high places of the city,
- Calling to those who pass by, Who are making their paths straight:
- " Whoever is naive, let him turn in here,' And to him who lacks understanding she says,
- "Stolen water is sweet; And bread eaten in secret is pleasant.'
- But he does not know that the dead are there, That her guests are in the depths of Sheol. 10
You don't have permission to access /sampleinc.inc
on this server.