52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off ]
- "Call now, is there anyone who will answer you? And to which of the holy ones will you turn?
- "For anger slays the foolish man, And jealousy kills the simple.
- "I have seen the foolish taking root, And I cursed his abode immediately.
- "His sons are far from safety, They are even oppressed in the gate, And there is no deliverer.
- " His harvest the hungry devour And take it to a place of thorns, And the schemer is eager for their wealth.
- "For affliction does not come from the dust, Nor does trouble sprout from the ground,
- For man is born for trouble, As sparks fly upward.
- "But as for me, I would seek God, And I would place my cause before God;
- Who does great and unsearchable things, Wonders without number.
- "He gives rain on the earth And sends water on the fields,
- So that He sets on high those who are lowly, And those who mourn are lifted to safety.
- "He frustrates the plotting of the shrewd, So that their hands cannot attain success.
- "He captures the wise by their own shrewdness, And the advice of the cunning is quickly thwarted.
- "By day they meet with darkness, And grope at noon as in the night.
- "But He saves from the sword of their mouth, And the poor from the hand of the mighty.
- "So the helpless has hope, And unrighteousness must shut its mouth.
- "Behold, how happy is the man whom God reproves, So do not despise the discipline of the Almighty.
- "For He inflicts pain, and gives relief; He wounds, and His hands also heal.
- " From six troubles He will deliver you, Even in seven evil will not touch you.
- "In famine He will redeem you from death, And in war from the power of the sword.
- "You will be hidden from the scourge of the tongue, And you will not be afraid of violence when it comes.
- "You will laugh at violence and famine, And you will not be afraid of wild beasts.
- "For you will be in league with the stones of the field, And the beasts of the field will be at peace with you.
- "You will know that your tent is secure, For you will visit your abode and fear no loss.
- "You will know also that your descendants will be many, And your offspring as the grass of the earth.
- "You will come to the grave in full vigor, Like the stacking of grain in its season.
- "Behold this; we have investigated it, and so it is. Hear it, and know for yourself.' 6
Scripture taken from the New American Standard Bible®, Copyright © The Lockman Foundation 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995. Used by permission.
Can't connect to www.christianmags.us:80 (Connection timed out)
Connection timed out at /usr/local/share/perl5/LWP/Protocol/http.pm line 50, line 364.
- Then Job answered,
- " Oh that my grief were actually weighed And laid in the balances together with my calamity!
- "For then it would be heavier than the sand of the seas; Therefore my words have been rash.
- "For the arrows of the Almighty are within me, Their poison my spirit drinks; The terrors of God are arrayed against me.
- "Does the wild donkey bray over his grass, Or does the ox low over his fodder?
- "Can something tasteless be eaten without salt, Or is there any taste in the white of an egg?
- "My soul refuses to touch them; They are like loathsome food to me.
- "Oh that my request might come to pass, And that God would grant my longing!
- "Would that God were willing to crush me, That He would loose His hand and cut me off!
- "But it is still my consolation, And I rejoice in unsparing pain, That I have not denied the words of the Holy One.
- "What is my strength, that I should wait? And what is my end, that I should endure?
- "Is my strength the strength of stones, Or is my flesh bronze?
- "Is it that my help is not within me, And that deliverance is driven from me?
- "For the despairing man there should be kindness from his friend; So that he does not forsake the fear of the Almighty.
- "My brothers have acted deceitfully like a wadi, Like the torrents of wadis which vanish,
- Which are turbid because of ice And into which the snow melts.
- "When they become waterless, they are silent, When it is hot, they vanish from their place.
- "The paths of their course wind along, They go up into nothing and perish.
- "The caravans of Tema looked, The travelers of Sheba hoped for them.
- "They were disappointed for they had trusted, They came there and were confounded.
- "Indeed, you have now become such, You see a terror and are afraid.
- "Have I said, "Give me something,' Or, "Offer a bribe for me from your wealth,'
- Or, "Deliver me from the hand of the adversary,' Or, "Redeem me from the hand of the tyrants'?
- "Teach me, and I will be silent; And show me how I have erred.
- "How painful are honest words! But what does your argument prove?
- "Do you intend to reprove my words, When the words of one in despair belong to the wind?
- "You would even cast lots for the orphans And barter over your friend.
- "Now please look at me, And see if I lie to your face.
- "Desist now, let there be no injustice; Even desist, my righteousness is yet in it.
- "Is there injustice on my tongue? Cannot my palate discern calamities? 7
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.