52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off ]
2 Corinthians 4
- Therefore, since we have this ministry, as we received mercy, we do not lose heart,
- but we have renounced the things hidden because of shame, not walking in craftiness or adulterating the word of God, but by the manifestation of truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.
- And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing,
- in whose case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving so that they might not see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.
- For we do not preach ourselves but Christ Jesus as Lord, and ourselves as your bond-servants for Jesus' sake.
- For God, who said, " Light shall shine out of darkness,' is the One who has shone in our hearts to give the Light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ.
- But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, so that the surpassing greatness of the power will be of God and not from ourselves;
- we are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not despairing;
- persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed;
- always carrying about in the body the dying of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our body.
- For we who live are constantly being delivered over to death for Jesus' sake, so that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our mortal flesh.
- So death works in us, but life in you.
- But having the same spirit of faith, according to what is written, " I BELIEVED, THEREFORE I SPOKE,' we also believe, therefore we also speak,
- knowing that He who raised the Lord Jesus will raise us also with Jesus and will present us with you.
- For all things are for your sakes, so that the grace which is spreading to more and more people may cause the giving of thanks to abound to the glory of God.
- Therefore we do not lose heart, but though our outer man is decaying, yet our inner man is being renewed day by day.
- For momentary, light affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison,
- while we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen; for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal. 5
2 Corinthians 5
Scripture taken from the New American Standard Bible®, Copyright © The Lockman Foundation 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995. Used by permission.
- For we know that if the earthly tent which is our house is torn down, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.
- For indeed in this house we groan, longing to be clothed with our dwelling from heaven,
- inasmuch as we, having put it on, will not be found naked.
- For indeed while we are in this tent, we groan, being burdened, because we do not want to be unclothed but to be clothed, so that what is mortal will be swallowed up by life.
- Now He who prepared us for this very purpose is God, who gave to us the Spirit as a pledge.
- Therefore, being always of good courage, and knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord
- for we walk by faith, not by sight
- we are of good courage, I say, and prefer rather to be absent from the body and to be at home with the Lord.
- Therefore we also have as our ambition, whether at home or absent, to be pleasing to Him.
- For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may be recompensed for his deeds in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.
- Therefore, knowing the fear of the Lord, we persuade men, but we are made manifest to God; and I hope that we are made manifest also in your consciences.
- We are not again commending ourselves to you but are giving you an occasion to be proud of us, so that you will have an answer for those who take pride in appearance and not in heart.
- For if we are beside ourselves, it is for God; if we are of sound mind, it is for you.
- For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this, that one died for all, therefore all died;
- and He died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf.
- Therefore from now on we recognize no one according to the flesh; even though we have known Christ according to the flesh, yet now we know Him in this way no longer.
- Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.
- Now all these things are from God, who reconciled us to Himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation,
- namely, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and He has committed to us the word of reconciliation.
- Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were making an appeal through us; we beg you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God.
- He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him. 6
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.