52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
1 Thessalonians 1
- Paul, and Silvanus, and Timotheus, unto the church of the Thessalonians which is in God the Father and in the Lord Jesus Christ: Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.
- We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers;
- Remembering without ceasing your work of faith, and labour of love, and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, in the sight of God and our Father;
- Knowing, brethren beloved, your election of God.
- For our gospel came not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance; as ye know what manner of men we were among you for your sake.
- And ye became followers of us, and of the Lord, having received the word in much affliction, with joy of the Holy Ghost.
- So that ye were ensamples to all that believe in Macedonia and Achaia.
- For from you sounded out the word of the Lord not only in Macedonia and Achaia, but also in every place your faith to God-ward is spread abroad; so that we need not to speak any thing.
- For they themselves shew of us what manner of entering in we had unto you, and how ye turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God;
- And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.
1 Thessalonians 2
- For yourselves, brethren, know our entrance in unto you, that it was not in vain:
- But even after that we had suffered before, and were shamefully entreated, as ye know, at Philippi, we were bold in our God to speak unto you the gospel of God with much contention.
- For our exhortation was not of deceit, nor of uncleanness, nor in guile:
- But as we were allowed of God to be put in trust with the gospel, even so we speak; not as pleasing men, but God, which trieth our hearts.
- For neither at any time used we flattering words, as ye know, nor a cloke of covetousness; God is witness:
- Nor of men sought we glory, neither of you, nor yet of others, when we might have been burdensome, as the apostles of Christ.
- But we were gentle among you, even as a nurse cherisheth her children:
- So being affectionately desirous of you, we were willing to have imparted unto you, not the gospel of God only, but also our own souls, because ye were dear unto us.
- For ye remember, brethren, our labour and travail: for labouring night and day, because we would not be chargeable unto any of you, we preached unto you the gospel of God.
- Ye are witnesses, and God also, how holily and justly and unblameably we behaved ourselves among you that believe:
- As ye know how we exhorted and comforted and charged every one of you, as a father doth his children,
- That ye would walk worthy of God, who hath called you unto his kingdom and glory.
- For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.
- For ye, brethren, became followers of the churches of God which in Judaea are in Christ Jesus: for ye also have suffered like things of your own countrymen, even as they have of the Jews:
- Who both killed the Lord Jesus, and their own prophets, and have persecuted us; and they please not God, and are contrary to all men:
- Forbidding us to speak to the Gentiles that they might be saved, to fill up their sins alway: for the wrath is come upon them to the uttermost.
- But we, brethren, being taken from you for a short time in presence, not in heart, endeavoured the more abundantly to see your face with great desire.
- Wherefore we would have come unto you, even I Paul, once and again; but Satan hindered us.
- For what is our hope, or joy, or crown of rejoicing? Are not even ye in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ at his coming?
- For ye are our glory and joy.
1 Thessalonians 3
500 Internal Server Error
- Wherefore when we could no longer forbear, we thought it good to be left at Athens alone;
- And sent Timotheus, our brother, and minister of God, and our fellowlabourer in the gospel of Christ, to establish you, and to comfort you concerning your faith:
- That no man should be moved by these afflictions: for yourselves know that we are appointed thereunto.
- For verily, when we were with you, we told you before that we should suffer tribulation; even as it came to pass, and ye know.
- For this cause, when I could no longer forbear, I sent to know your faith, lest by some means the tempter have tempted you, and our labour be in vain.
- But now when Timotheus came from you unto us, and brought us good tidings of your faith and charity, and that ye have good remembrance of us always, desiring greatly to see us, as we also to see you:
- Therefore, brethren, we were comforted over you in all our affliction and distress by your faith:
- For now we live, if ye stand fast in the Lord.
- For what thanks can we render to God again for you, for all the joy wherewith we joy for your sakes before our God;
- Night and day praying exceedingly that we might see your face, and might perfect that which is lacking in your faith?
- Now God himself and our Father, and our Lord Jesus Christ, direct our way unto you.
- And the Lord make you to increase and abound in love one toward another, and toward all men, even as we do toward you:
- To the end he may stablish your hearts unblameable in holiness before God, even our Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or
misconfiguration and was unable to complete
Please contact the server administrator at
email@example.com to inform them of the time this error occurred,
and the actions you performed just before this error.
More information about this error may be available
in the server error log.
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.