52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off]
- Proverbs of Solomon, son of David, king of Israel:
- to know wisdom and instruction; to discern the words of understanding;
- to receive the instruction of wisdom, righteousness and judgment, and equity;
- to give prudence to the simple, to the young man knowledge and discretion.
- He that is wise will hear, and will increase learning; and the intelligent will gain wise counsels:
- to understand a proverb and an allegory, the words of the wise and their enigmas.
- The fear of Jehovah is the beginning of knowledge: fools despise wisdom and instruction.
- Hear, my son, the instruction of thy father, and forsake not the teaching of thy mother;
- for they shall be a garland of grace unto thy head, and chains about thy neck.
- My son, if sinners entice thee, consent not.
- If they say, Come with us, let us lay wait for blood, let us lurk secretly for the innocent without cause;
- let us swallow them up alive as Sheol, and whole, as those that go down into the pit;
- we shall find all precious substance, we shall fill our houses with spoil:
- cast in thy lot among us; we will all have one purse:
- -- my son, walk not in the way with them, keep back thy foot from their path;
- for their feet run to evil, and they make haste to shed blood.
- For in vain the net is spread in the sight of anything which hath wings.
- And these lay wait for their own blood; they lurk secretly for their own lives.
- So are the paths of every one that is greedy of gain: it taketh away the life of its possessors.
- Wisdom crieth without; she raiseth her voice in the broadways;
- she calleth in the chief [place] of concourse, in the entry of the gates; in the city she uttereth her words:
- How long, simple ones, will ye love simpleness, and scorners take pleasure in their scorning, and the foolish hate knowledge?
- Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour forth my spirit unto you, I will make known to you my words.
- Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no one regarded;
- and ye have rejected all my counsel, and would none of my reproof:
- I also will laugh in your calamity, I will mock when your fear cometh;
- when your fear cometh as sudden destruction, and your calamity cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish come upon you:
- -- then will they call upon me, but I will not answer; they will seek me early, and shall not find me.
- Because they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of Jehovah;
- they would none of my counsel, they despised all my reproof:
- therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their way, and be filled with their own devices.
- For the turning away of the simple shall slay them, and the prosperity of the foolish shall cause them to perish.
- But whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely, and shall be at rest from fear of evil.
DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.