52 Week Bible Reading Plan
- Music: [ On | Off ]
- Moreover Elihu answered and said,
- Thinkest thou this to be right, that thou saidst, My righteousness is more than łGod's?
- For thou hast asked of what profit it is unto thee: what do I gain more than if I had sinned?
- I will reply to thee in words, and to thy companions with thee.
- Look unto the heavens and see; and survey the skies: they are higher than thou.
- If thou sinnest, what doest thou against him? If thy transgressions be multiplied, what doest thou unto him?
- If thou be righteous, what givest thou to him? or what doth he receive of thy hand?
- Thy wickedness [may affect] a man as thou [art], and thy righteousness a son of man.
- By reason of the multitude of oppressions they cry; they cry out by reason of the arm of the mighty:
- But none saith, Where is +God my Maker, who giveth songs in the night,
- Who teacheth us more than the beasts of the earth, and maketh us wiser than the fowl of the heavens?
- There they cry, and he answereth not, because of the pride of evil men.
- Surely łGod will not hear vanity, neither will the Almighty regard it.
- Although thou sayest thou dost not see him, judgment is before him, therefore wait for him.
- But now, because he hath not visited in his anger, doth not [Job] know [his] great arrogancy?
- For Job hath opened his mouth in vanity, and made words abundant without knowledge.
- And Elihu proceeded and said,
- Suffer me a little, and I will shew thee that I have yet words for +God.
- I will fetch my knowledge from afar, and will ascribe righteousness to my Creator.
- For truly my words shall be no falsehood: one perfect in knowledge is with thee.
- Lo, łGod is mighty, but despiseth not [any]; mighty in strength of understanding:
- He saveth not the wicked alive; but he doeth justice to the afflicted.
- He withdraweth not his eyes from the righteous, but with kings on the throne doth he even set them for ever; and they are exalted.
- And if, bound in fetters, they be held in cords of affliction,
- Then he sheweth them their work, and their transgressions, because they have increased.
- And he openeth their ear to discipline, and commandeth that they return from iniquity.
- If they hearken and serve [him], they shall accomplish their days in prosperity, and their years in pleasures.
- But if they hearken not, they shall pass away by the sword, and expire without knowledge.
- But the godless in heart heap up anger; they cry not when he bindeth them:
- Their soul dieth in youth, and their life is among the unclean.
- But he delivereth the afflicted in his affliction, and openeth their ear in [their] oppression.
- Even so would he have allured thee out of the jaws of distress into a broad place, where there is no straitness; and the supply of thy table [would be] full of fatness.
- But thou art full of the judgments of the wicked: judgment and justice take hold [on thee].
- Because there is wrath, [beware] lest it take thee away through chastisement: then a great ransom could not avail thee.
- Will he esteem thy riches? Not gold, nor all the resources of strength!
- Desire not the night, when peoples are cut off from their place.
- Take heed, turn not to iniquity; for this hast thou chosen rather than affliction.
- Lo, łGod is exalted in his power: who teacheth as he?
- Who hath appointed him his way? or who hath said, Thou hast wrought unrighteousness?
- Remember that thou magnify his work, which men celebrate.
- All men look at it; man beholdeth [it] afar off.
- Lo, łGod is great, and we comprehend [him] not, neither can the number of his years be searched out.
- For he draweth up the drops of water: they distil in rain from the vapour which he formeth,
- Which the skies pour down [and] drop upon man abundantly.
- But can any understand the spreadings of the clouds, [or] the crashing of his pavilion?
- Lo, he spreadeth his light around him, and covereth the bottom of the sea.
- For with them he judgeth the peoples; he giveth food in abundance.
- [His] hands he covereth with lightning, and commandeth it where it is to strike.
- His thundering declareth concerning him; the cattle even, concerning its coming.
You don't have permission to access /sampleinc.inc
on this server.